. Chestnut Soup is Everywhere! Seriously Soupy

Friday, December 25, 2009

Chestnut Soup is Everywhere!

Great mind's think alike. A rather obnoxious statement, but that perhaps rings a little bit of truth, especially as I just finished reading the article Everything From Nuts to Soup from the New York Times. The article, written by Melissa Clark talks about her preparation of chestnut soup for the holidays, and as some of you already know I posted this morning about potentially making a chestnut soup in the Holiday Redux Part Two series. Although my chestnut soup never came to fruition and another took its place I enjoyed reading about Clark's approach to her soup (adding prunes, apples, and mushrooms) and how she prepared the chestnuts (I had not gotten that far).  One of these days I will get my hands on chestnuts and when I do you will sure to be the first to know!

Article:
Everything from Soup to Nuts

Recipe:
Chestnut-Apple Soup With Calvados Cream


I also found this great chestnut cook book; if you find any of these recipes inspiring write to me at seriouslysoupy@gmail.com and share your experiences!

Seriously Soupy Serena

P.S. Has anyone ever made a chestnut soup? I would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment