|Cream of Corn Soup by Deja Vu Cook|
Bring a taste of summer to the winter table with this soup celebrating the great flavors of corn and tomato together. Through the summer this combination is common to all areas of the country, so if you miss the combination I think this will satisfy those taste buds that are craving the magnificent pairing.
Cream of Corn SoupIngredients:
2 C. Whole Kernal Corn (canned or frozen)
1 C. Onion (chopped
1 C. Carrot (diced)
1 C. Celery (diced)
1/4 C. Olive Oil
4 C. Chicken or Vegetable Stock
1/2 C. Heavy Cream
Freshly Ground Pepper
Addl. Whole Kernal Corn (Optional for Garnish)
Roasted Juliette Tomatoes (Optional for Garnish)
- Saute the onion, celery, carrot and corn in the oil until soft; add the stock and bring to a boil
- Cook for 15 minutes; them remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender or blender
- Strain through a colander (optional) and return to a boil, skim the surface
- Add the cream and season to taste
- Serve in warmed bowls and garnish with the corn and tomato garnish or pass garnish separately
Ingredients and Preparation:
- 1/2 C. Whole Kernal Corn (canned or frozen)
- 1/2 C. Roasted Juliette Tomatoes
Recipe adapted from www.finestchef.com
To read more recipes by Kathleen, be sure to check out her blog, "Deja Vu" Cook.
Do you have a soup that you would like to contribute to Seriously Soupy? Email me at email@example.com for more details!