. Happy National Soup Month Seriously Soupy

Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy National Soup Month


Guest Blogger: Kathleen of Deja Vu Cook 


I was making a list of the top ten favorite recipes from the readers on my website and at the same time I saw that it was National Soup Month (January).  During the first year of trying to document family, friends and my recipes I was fortunate to meet @SeriouslySoupy (Twitter).  She has wonderful ideas, recipes, classes and events in New York all about soup.  She invited me to guest post on her site Seriously Soupy a few times and we share recipes.  This list was great for me to review of my own soups that I make and people would like.  The biggest surprise was the interest in chilled soups.  Living in Florida it is normal for chilled soups, but three out of ten was not only great but an inspiration to create more chilled soups for 2011.  Enjoy!


Corn Chowder with Bacon

Soupe a l’Oignon Gratinee

Split Pea and Ham Soup (and a lot of Carrots) 

Potage Crecy (French Carrot Soup)

Saint Lioba Beer and Mushroom Soup
 
Tanzanian Coconut Bean Soup

Chilled Pea and Mint Soup

Cuban Black Bean Soup

Chilled Zucchini Soup

Chilled Cucumber and Dill Soup

To read more recipes by Kathleen, be sure to check out her blog, "Deja Vu" Cook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment