. Cool and Chilled Soup Links Seriously Soupy

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cool and Chilled Soup Links

 Quick Chilled Cantaloupe Soup by Aimée Wimbush-Bourque -- Featured on Simple Bites

Chilled soups in the summer are a delicious treat. They are refreshing and flavorful and oh, so easy to make.  Although I love a classic warm soup, the rising temps are keeping me far away from my beloved soup pot, but that's OK! Especially since my blender has been serving as a trusty alternative. This week, I also discovered three (well, six if you count the three recipes that Simple Bites featured) that have tons of flavor, use minimal ingredients and the only extra work you have to do is blend. Which one sounds good to you?
  • Cool and Creamy Tomato Soup - I love tomatoes (as you can see by my tomato pesto soup), so including this cool and creamy tomato soup was an obvious choice. Created by Thousand Soups, another website devoted to soup, the recipe includes cucumbers, green onions, garlic, sour cream, stock and dill. Even better? There is no cooking involved. Simply blend the ingredients for instant soup!
  • Cold Basil Soup -  Oh, how I love basil and reading about The Special K Treatment's cold basil soup, I can see she is a fan too. Other than glorious basil, the cold soup includes cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and garlic. Simply blend the ingredients together with water and yogurt for some yummy cold soup.
  • Three 3-Minute Chilled Soups - Aimée of Simple Bites created three (yes, three) cold soups that can that only take three minutes to make! A chilled yellow tomato soup, cantaloupe soup with lime and basil and a chilled cucumber soup with mint and yogurt are the featured recipes, which all sound pretty amazing. I am really excited to test out the cantaloupe soup that includes an interesting blend of yogurt, ginger, lime and basil. Even better, Aimée mentions that this soup is her "children's favorite" -- reason enough for to me give this one a whirl. 

Seriously Soupy Serena

2 comments:

  1. Another idea I have is chopping a yellow squash, mixing it with diced onion, roasted garlic, and puree it with veggie broth, then adding in yogurt, chopped dried garlic and pepper and topping with feta....what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That sounds amazing. Would you like to contribute that soup to this blog?

    ReplyDelete