Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Here is a rundown of some winter soups:
1. Butternut Squash Soup-Also popular during the season are pumpkin, sweet potato, and potato based soups. A rich texture that is sure to fill you up and comfort your chilly bones. (Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup)
2. Minestrone Soup (an upcoming soupy as well)-A delicious medley where you can add veggie you want to add, along with beans and pasta. A meal in a bowl, indeed.
3. Bean-Based Soups-I personally love a good lentil soup, but there are tons of bean soups that are a staple of winter. Some alternatives include white bean, black black, split pea, etc. (Black Bean Soup)
4. Chicken Noodle Soup- A classic and not just for sick days.
5. Stew-beef, chicken, fish, veggie-A filing soup that uses a blend of ingredients (carrots, onions, potatoes, etc) that are cooked slowly and at a low temp as all the flavors fuse together. A comforting winter staple soup!
Do tell- What are your favorite winter soupys?
Seriously Soupy Serena